Join us March 22, 7PM at the Woodbridge Main Library as we welcome professional quilter Gail Thompson! Gail will introduce us to the sweeping history of quilting and its evolution from the 1830s to present—touching on major moments such as the American Civil War, the Great Depression, and World War II. Participants will also be able to see some of Gail's quilts as well.
Registration is required! Please register here or call 732-634-4450.
More topics that will be covered during the presentation included—
- Migration Westward from 1830 to 1860
- Civil War from 1860 to 1865
- Great Depression 1930 to 1939
- World War II 1939 to 1945
- Singer Sewing Machine – first machine in America
- Sears Roebuck and the Quilt Contest
- History of Handwork Women Enjoyed
- The Underground Railroad and the Quilt Blocks That Helped the Slaves
- Modern Quilts